Tuesday, June 06, 2006

finger phenomena

i was really tempted, as an afterthought, to change the 'f' in finger to a 'ph' to match phenomena. I HATE when i see letter matching that goes against all reasonability (like, "KOA Kampground!"), so why, oh WHY, did i have this desire? where did it come from?

okay. i really meant to update you on my finger. it's healing incredibly quickly! i am quite fascinated by the whole process, you see, because just 4 days ago, i had completely severed a portion of my physical body from the rest of itself. for the first day, it looked grim...the little section i chopped off, even though it had reattached to my body, looked grey and lifeless. the cut line was clear, and the finger itself was relatively useless. but today, i'm typing! the little chunk of flesh i chopped is likely dead, but it's protecting the underlayer of skin and tissue that is replacing that which i severed. my fingernail--the part i sliced through, has fallen off to reveal healthy, albeit tough, skin, and every day a bit of my dead finger falls off to expose a fresh finger tip, with my exact same swirly print as before. i don't know how this is possible. i cut off my finger tip!!!!

thanks all, for your kind thoughts and visualizations. i wish you all the same durabilty as my hands have...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home