Tuesday, March 21, 2006

digging in

i've been finding it hard to communicate these past few days, in words anyway. i think it's because words have been about all i've been able to communicate with here so far. other forms that typically work for me--touch, long eye contact, an energetic comfort that accompanies being with a person you know well--all these things are absent these days. it takes a bit of time to come to that level of communication with other people. but i'm getting tired of words. i want a hug. i want a kiss. i want someone to hold my hand and gaze at me with kind, compassionate eyes. i want to feel warmth coming from another being. maybe that's why i've enjoyed the company of dogs so much lately.

i'm tired of talking, and i'm tired of hearing myself say the same things over and over again. i'm tired of trying to explain how i feel. i just want to experience all of it in a dynamic form that exceeds words. i want to share all this without speaking so much. i want to talk like bees.

i'm too eager. i have no patience. a community of bees hibernates in the winter. so, with the threat of more snow tonight, i find myself wanting to crawl into a cave and wait until spring comes in and shakes my shoulders and begs me to come out and play....and by spring i mean life. i want it to want me to be here.

the thing is, somehow, i chose to be here, alive on earth, in durango. it shouldn't matter if it wants me to be here or not.

except it does. because i don't know how to make decisions by myself. i don't know how i exist if not in the context of something else. i can't stand the thought of actually being alone.

so, regardless of how tired i am of talking, i talk--to my co-workers, to my housemates, to the animals, to the trees, on the phone, in a letter, via email, or even through this blog, so i don't have to hear myself think. because i might find out that i think i am, indeed, very, very alone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

alone is not as intimidating as "lonesome" and you, dear soul, could never be lonely; temporarily unengaged or possibly disenchanted, but never lonely. i've been more "lonely" in a life filled with too much of insignificance, than a quiet, simple life, doing what we must and doing what our soul needs for refreshment and survival. haven't you? you have incredible talent, beautiful photography and you make me smile and excellent taste in the 4-legged companions; they are faithful, not as much as family, but the next best thing -- love from your "second cuz" in n'augusta
keep the faith and it's a wonderful faith we have ... peace, ann

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home