Thursday, August 03, 2006

living it out

i'm exhausted, from my fingertips to the center of my bones. my eyes are puffy and my hands are swollen, and my bowling ball head strains my shoulders as i write this morning, but i am moved to say how this is the closest i've felt aligned to the earth and her rate of productivity. in the last 10 days, i've been in 7 states, visited people i miss and love dearly, planted 600 plants, harvested kale, collards, chard, lettuce and basil, fed a few hundred mouths, swam in a lake, a pool, an ocean and two rivers, communed with several dogs while gazing out at fierce thunderstorms, and started planning a short but full trip to california. and in my dreams, i've been helping to create the foundation of a new society in which war isn't considered an option.

it all feels equally real and equally important to me. it's all equally alive both within and outside of me.

i just need to find a bit of time to reach the realm of deep sleep, before my emotions find the cracks in my tired mind...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home