Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Things i did today that i've never done before

1. Ate pine nuts picked by hand and roasted by those same hands in Canyon de Chelly, AZ less than 3 days ago. I 've never tasted a pine nut until today, WOW.

2. Pet a dog with a mouth much larger than my head.

3. Hung out with someone who will voluntarily bury herself alive overnight to improve her awareness of earth.

4. Scrubbed my truck's battery with baking soda to break up the acidic corrosion that was preventing it from starting.

5. talked to an 89 year old woman about coming out in the 1930's, playing trumpet in an all-female vaudeville band, teaching pottery in japan, hitching rides on banana boats from bali to hawaii, and picking up her partner (30 years her junior) on a cruise to alaska (and that was only the beginning....).


these events all occurred amidst my own personal drama of being inexplicably unable to determine any of my feelings, talking at length about things and crying, predicting the doom of all my hopes, and then eating delicious homemade italian chocolate ice cream and knowing that really, i'll be okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home