Tuesday, January 30, 2007

holding on

woke up this morning to the smell of approaching snow. my drive in to town showed me high banks of clouds, and the diffused sunlight caused my eyes to squint more than usual. and it's still abnormally cold.

i remember my thoughts as i decided to leave telluride 10 years ago: winter is too long here.

yesterday, my housemate came home with newly developed pictures. they spanned the past 6 months or so, and after looking at shots of our ski hut trip, we flipped to the next picture: the Animas river valley, flushed green with plant life, in late summer. stunned, we stared at the florish of color bursting off the film. We'd forgotten that it looks like this here. i could feel the longing rise like saliva in my mouth. i could almost taste it, spring...

fortunately, the sunlight is abundant, and growing in the time spent in the sky. in a few weeks, i may get to start planting seeds. the greenhouse will save me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home